Monday, June 1, 2009

Sunday, Lazy Sunday

So the weekend rolls around and it's so nice not having to look after Harris all by myself and to have an extra set of hands to do things around the house.

The problem is I start to feel really relaxed and happy and I don't really feel like eating to a schedule.

I want that to be relaxed as well....

Well relaxation is a state of mind and has nothing to do with what you eat - so I reminded myself today AFTER I had nicely set myself up for disasterous eating.

It all started off well enough, I got up and made a nice egg white omlette and ate the last pear in the fruit bowl.

Then we go to doing stuff, we went to the farmers markets and got the vege for the week.

Once we got home I pottered around for a bit.

THen I started to feel really low and almost sad...I got really grumpy that there was nothing on TV and felt sick of siting around the house all the time. I walked into the kitchen and instead of making myself some nice youghurt and mixing in some protein powder.... I just ate all the carby things I could find in the kitchen - not in binge amounts just a little bit of everything. Vegemite toast, a glass of milo, a handful of dried cranberries, a piece of chocolate, some home made bikkies....

About half an hour afterwards I felt great again...amazing in fact....my head didn't hurt for thinking anymore and I relaxed

What just happened? Easy - I didn't eat when I should have, I restricted carbs in the morning when I shouldn't have and I basically set myself up for a carb up session.

Lesson learn't? Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment