Saturday, October 25, 2008

Purchased

Right now I am very happy that I have a woreless USB because it turns out that the telephone cabeling in our house is stuffed and we cannot access our newly connected ADSL2+ high speed internet connection, nor our newly connected VOIP phone line.

V. Frustrating!

Have been shopping today and Mark bought 'us' an anniversary present - get ready for it because it is realy romantic!

A new vacuum cleaner - Yaaaaayyyyyy....

I am actually pretty happy about it because the carpet here appears to need vacuuming at least twice per week.

He did do the right thing however and bought us a dyson - like this:


So now we will have clean floors!

I also went and did some baby shopping and bought the following:

A Baby Jogger City Elite pram - this little baby is going to be my best friend I think!

A Tetra Snuggle bed. These are designed to allow bubs to go straight into the cot and feel all snug and protected. There is a line of thinking that says if bub can go into the cot from the very start that they never get used to having something different. Hence, changing from the bassinet to the cot doesn't freak them out because they don't have to do it. I'm willing to give it a go! Our bedroom is right beside the baby's room and I am happy to have him in his own room right from the start.


AND - you may wonder what this strange looking contraption is! It is actually a change mat to sit on top of the change table BUT the material it is made from allows it to be stable on any surface - so you can put it on a bed for example. It also is Very easy to clean and doesn't need to be covered with something fabric that will require washing. Although I am goingto have some cloth nappies on hand to put under bubs when I am changing him. Plus it is a little bit cute. I got the blue one.




So the list of things to get is slowly getting smaller. Just a trip to Ikea to go now and the rest is pretty much small things which I am going to keep an eye out for Kmart, Target, Big W sales on Baby things.

These are the things I have left to get:

  • Linen - I have been give a few things but I need 3 more sets of cot sheets, a few more wraps and blankets and some towels for bathtime.
  • Breast pump - I am going to get the Avent Isis manual pump (and I am sure you all wanted to know that!)
  • Stereliser and cleaning equipment
  • BPA (Bisphenol-A) Free Bottles for giving expressed milk top ups.
  • A safe- n-sound car seat
  • A Nappy Bag (I am going to spoil myself and buy the Oroton one in the after christmas sales)
  • Pram Rain and Shade covers
  • Car Window shade
  • Baby Bathing toiletries - wash, shampoo, massage oil, powder, nappy rash cream
  • Infra-red Digital thermometer
  • First aid and medicines for bubs
  • Ikea Shelves and baskets for shelves
  • Foot Stool
  • Cushions and decorations for Nursery
  • Nappies!

there is probably more - but I haven't thought of it yet!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andj!

    Isnt it fun going baby shopping :)

    Definetely get the Avent pump, I use it every morning and then give him the bottle i express before bed. I am still using it 6 months later!

    I got given a sterilizer but I havent used it. I was told hot soapy water was fine. That is how I have washed the pump and bottles since birth and Jethro hasnt had any bugs.

    The nursery ideas look great! Cant wait to see your finished product ;)

    sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi helen,

    The changer is by a brand called Goldbug. I got it on order from my local baby shop because they can pretty much get anything but I am sure you could find it online somewhere.

    My nursery isn't even close to finished - it's not even started yet. LOL. Big plans though!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete