Monday, May 4, 2009

The time gets away

Every day I look at this blog and think - I really ought to write something. And then I dont.

We have been really busy the past two weeks and to be honest - the gym hasn't been high on the priority list.

I thought that today would be the day that I manage to get back in there but it was not to be.

As we were leaving the house this morning I has Harris strapped into the pram, I turned around to pull the door closed and the pram managed to get away from me and rolled down the two front stairs, flipping over onto it's front and landing with Harris facing the concrete.

My poor baby - I thought I had really hurt him and it was all a bit scary. He was screaming - as you can imagine. Initially it looked as though he just had some scratches on his nose and cheek - but I just couldn't be sure if he had hit his head or not so we headed up to the hospital for him to get checked out just in case.

they seem to think he didn't hit his head and sent us home with instructions to watch him closely over the next couple of days.

It was very scary but I know that it is probably the first of many accidents he will have in his life - it is so difficult to watch your baby hurting and know there is nothing you can do about it.

So we will try again for the gym tomorrow.

I am never letting go of the pram handle ever again!

1 comment:

  1. OMG you poor thing, that would have been so frightening & heart breaking...
    I flipped mine out of the bouncer once, many moons ago, & the screen door slambed behing me one day smaking another in the head, hands full and all...
    still very scarey, but will agree many more will happen, terrible at the time though...
    Hope he's fine which im sure he will be, it happeneds to all of us...

    Takecare VG

    ReplyDelete