Thursday, August 6, 2009

Recipe Twist

A few nights ago I gave Kek's Warm Pumpkin and Green bean salad a go - and I must say - it was pretty nice! (All picture credits to Kek!)


I had some leftover in the fridge and when I went to make my lunch today - it was the easiest quickest thing that stood out to me. I was steaming some zucchini for baby food purposes so I thought I would add that in as well.
Now for some protein and a can of tuna seemed to magically jump into my hand.

I have to say it was a mighty tasty lunch!

So:

1 Serve of Warm Pumpkin and Green Bean salad
1 small tin of tuna in springwater (or some honey soy marinated chicken...)
As much Zucchini as you like (Broccoli would also work well I think)
a dash of Tobasco sauce

Mix all together and serve warm!

There you have one figure friendly lunch!

Now I'm sure you don't want to hear about the blended peaches and rice cereal I made for Harris - but that was tasty too.

Now I must go and attend to drinking 3 lt of water.....

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Love the creativity! You've made a side dish into a protein packed main meal! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete