Saturday, January 2, 2010

patta-a-cake patta-a-cake



bakers man,
Bake me a cake a fast as you can!

Since getting my new toy for christmas I have been making mental notes of things to cook that I haven't been able to due to substandard equipment.

A sponge cake was on that list of things. So this afternoon I whipped one up to see how it would go.

The mixing part was easy enough, however the recipie said to cook it for 15 minutes - after 15 minutes I still had a rather soft looking cake so back into the furnace it went. Another 10 minutes went by.......

I got it out to be on the safe side and it promptly sunk in the middle on the top.

It is a little dense but quite tasty with Raspberry jam and whipped cream in the middle for after dinner.

In the recipie book I used there are another two spone recipies - I am going to try all of them.

I just wish I had caught a picture of my two boys with their piggly fingers in the whipped cream middle when I wasn't looking....


post signature

1 comment: