Monday, February 9, 2009

Another day

It feels so strange to be ticking off the days to an event that may or may not happen on that particular day!

It's not like you can look forward to it happening on that day because you just don't know when it will actually happen!

I think I much prefer a defined event.

It's so difficult to not wake up each day and think - Well is today going to be the day? You can drive yourself insane analysing every little twinge and pain - thinking, is this it? is it starting now?

On the other hand it is difficult to imagine what life is going to be like after this event. there will be a whole new barrage of things to learn, emotions and feelings. That and there will be a tiny baby who needs us 100%. I am excited about meeting him now - and also impatient.

I have a doctors appointment today but not until nearly 5pm so I have to find things to do until then. It is 10 degrees cooler today than it was yesterday which means that it is possible to actually get things done.

First things first though - time to go and get dressed!

Getting dressed is another aspect of this whole thing which has been something that has involved adaptation along the way. Never in my imagination had I thought that the tent like clothes I bought early on would end up not actually fitting me at all. I remember putting some things on only to take them off again because it was too big and made me look fat. Now those same clothes dont completely cover the belly. It's a little disconcerting.

The stretch mark situation is not good. It just looks as though my skin was never meant to stretch that much. Once bubs is out I will start on that with the bio oil - I do regret not doing it the whole way along. It was psychologically difficult earlier on because there were no stretch marks and no signs of any - they have really only come on in the past few weeks.

Yesterday it seemed as though some of the fluid in my legs was starting to ease off and the slender ankles were returning. That is a nice feeling.

On another note, I'm loving these things at the moment:


Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch - this was one of my pre baby lst minute splurges - not sure if I'll have time to actually put it on but it does make my foundation look great!

Shiseido Perfect Rouge Lipstick - I LOVE this lipstick at the moment. Its so creamy and moisturising yet it stays on and has great pigmentation. Here's hoping I love it all winter. I bought the colour 'Gilded Wine'

The Body Shop Moroccan rose Perfume - I love this perfume and am saving this one up for my 'fun purchase' for next fortnight. At only $31.95 I can actually afford it.

1 comment:

  1. don't worry about bio oil, stretch marks are not preventable with any potion or lotion on earth. it is down to how much collagen you have and the elasticity of your skin. it's genetic and nothing will prevent them darls.

    i did endless time-wasting massage with oils and stuff with my first and got no stretch marks. then with my second i did absolutely nothing, got much MUCH larger and still got none. a dermatologist explained how stretch marks occur well after the fact.

    so don't waste your money honey - enjoy your new baby - how exciting!! xxx

    ReplyDelete