Friday, February 27, 2009

Where I am At!

It is now two weeks since the birth of Harris and I am feeling surprisingly grand!

Sure there are stretch marks galore but in the whole scheme of things I think I have come out of the whole experience pretty good.

On the night I went into labour I weighed 95 kgs. This morning I weighed 83.7kg and falling - it seems to fall by 200 - 300 gms each day. I am sure that it will even out shortly but it all honesty it is exactly where I anticipated I would be.

My body shape looks pretty much exactly like it did before - except with an extra 13kg on it - so a bit more flabby than I am used to. But I can see how when it comes off I should look just like I did before.

My biggest frustration is that it seems as though the majority of the weight gain is in my hips, thighs and waist hence pants are an issue as they are all tight. Even the maternity clothes are a little tight.

Walking is my training of choice right now and I am aiming for 30 mins each day of walking the hilly streets around my suburb. I need to get my head around the concept that walking does actually count as training for me in this instance. I'm going to talk to the physio today but hopefully in two weeks time I can add in some body weighted strength work 3 times per week. Thant gives me two weeks to devise a program for myself. Oh and of course I will have core strengthening exercises to do that the physio will go through with me today.

Harris has a fairly predictable nature at the moment - although I find the only time I can sit down to check internet things or plan things is when he is asleep in his cot. Right now he only sleeps in his cot for 2 hours a day but I am trying to ease him into a little more.

He is there right now!

Time to get going!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Andj!

    I just read your birth story and it brought it all back to me! I too was SO determined that I was NOT having a ceasar (although really I wouldn't have been able to do much about it if I needed one!) and felt happy that Maya came out in the end!

    It is an amazing experience isn't it? It will stay with me for life.

    Glad to hear that you are feeling happy with your body. I think having a baby makes you a lot more accepting of body flaws which is awesome :)

    Have a great weekend with your little man :) (and the big one!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, what a beautiful little boy you have. Thank you for sharing your birth story, you brought back memories for me of having my first son who is 8 now.

    I'm 4 months pregnant now with my second and it starting to get so real now.
    You sound so in control for you first child, you should be very proud of your self i was such a mess for my first.
    I'm determined it's going to be a lot better this time round. I am planning on starting up my blog again, if you would like to follow my journey.
    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to pop in and say congratulations!!! Your little man is gorgeous. How wonderful.

    Hang in there with the weight etc. everything does eventually go back to normal. I have about 12kg to lose too, so we can do it together!!!

    xox Rebecca

    ReplyDelete