Saturday, February 21, 2009

time to breath


Harris is the biggest sleepy head! I know that is what new babies do but I seriously can't wait until he is a little more interactive!

Our first few days at home haven't really been to eventful. We are just trying to learn about him and his needs. We are figuring it out slowly. I am actually getting some pretty good sleep as well so far which I am surprised at.

He is such a great feeder and I am having no troubles at all (touch wood!) breastfeeding him at this stage.

We had our first trip out of the house yesterday - to the shops to get him some more clothes- and we managed it without a hitch. I know it will be different when I have to do it on my own but it is good to build up confidence at this stage.

I am feeling better now and can walk a little further each day. We are going to go for a short walk today out in the pram - so it will be interesting to see how that goes.

I am surprised at how my thinking has changed when it comes to what I am eating. I am conscious of everything I put in my mouth and how it will affect him. It is really good for me to think like this. In saying that though - finding the time to actually eat is a bit of a challenge! Mark has been making me porridge for breakfast everyday and I am hoping that he will keep doing this for me even after he goes back to work on Monday.

On the body front - I am actually surprised at how I have ended up looking. It was 1 week post birth yesterday and I still have a bit a fluid there. I have put on a lot of weight but I am hoping that the breasfeeding theory works for me. I am not worried about losing it but I am worried about finding the motivation - especially when it comes to food preparation!

One day at a time I say!

I am still working my way around the blogs to say thanks to everyone individually.

This motherhood thing is amazing - like nothing I ever expected - I didn't know it was possible to love someone so much!

5 comments:

  1. A huge congratulations on the birth of little Harris... he is just SO adorable!!

    As for saying you can't wait until he's a little more interactive, I must remind you of this statement when he is crawling or walking... and running away from you in shops... LOL!!

    Welcome to the world little Harris... have a lot of fun with him Andj and I wish you and your new family all the best life has to offer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful to hear that you are loving motherhood and settling into your new life Andj :)

    It is unbelievable how much you can love a little being that you have only known for one week SO much isn't it? I think it is the most special feeling in the world!

    Don't worry too much about your body. If you are being really conscious of what you are eating for your little bub then it will slowly melt off. I always used to remind myself that my body took over 9 months to change so it could take at least that long to get it back :)

    I really hope for your sake that you heal a lot quicker than I did!

    Take care and enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the pic :)

    Isnt motherhood the best?

    The best advice I can give is not to worry about the weight. Breastfeeding on top of just eating healthy will ensure it will come off naturally, especially if you have a good feeder ;) Try not to think about and definetely dont worry if you are not that active for the first couple of months. You will develop a routine. I think it took me 2 months to get on top of food prep and exercise and develop a routine.

    Glad to hear that the breastfeeding has been kind to you!

    Enjoy little Harris,

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its amazing Andrea...Im feeling the love girl! Yes one day at a time, Im finding it hard to find the energy as well with all this split sleep and not finding the time to eat properly...grab and run eating! I wana watch him sleep all the time and they sleep alot hey! feed sleep feed sleep...thats about it at this stage! Hubby goes back to work on Wednesday too and Im a little scared! ..... Enjoy : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there Andj,

    just got your message on my blog, dah, only a month or so later, but thank you so much...

    Congratualtions on the birth of your beautiful son, he is soooo adorable.
    Enjoy it as they just grow so fast, right before your eyes literally 'boom' and theyre teenagers...

    All the best with your weight loss to, Im sure it will fall off, and thanks once again for popping on to my blog...

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete