Thursday, July 30, 2009

Didn't want to but I did


I find that if I dont exercise in the morning that I generally don't feel all that much like exercising at all.

That is what happened today - mainly because it was a disgusting day here in Canberra today and it was just too cold and awful to go outside.

I wanted to take Harris to story time at the Library but I also wanted to go the gym but they kind of clash with each other - so I thought (with excellent intentions) that I would just get on the spin bike when I got home. But I ended up having coffee with a friend and then Harris was asleep and I didn't want to wake him by putting him in the car so I stayed out a lot longer than I expected to.

So by the time I got home I had pretty much talked myself into having the day off - even though I know that is not the pont of the 100 day challenge exercise. Believe me - I was having a big internal fight with myself.

So I offered to walk the dog - knowing that I had really wanted to get a run in at some point today.

I ended up run/walking about 5km which was great.

It so much easier without a pram!

After I was done I felt great and I was glad I had done it. (Which as we all know to be true 99.9% of the time)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just popping in to say hello and good luck on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete