Friday, July 31, 2009

Ahh Friday.....


Although you would think that most days feel like a Friday to me. Not the case - the simple fact that I have Mark around on the weekends makes such a big difference!

Today I am going to head to the gym for a circut class - normally I would do this class on a Saturday but we are heading to the Coast this weekend for a little dose of warmth.

I honestly don't think this winter has been all that bad so far - it is the next couple of months that really get me down because I don't like wind and August and September are bitterly windy here in Canberra.

I realised after my run yesterday that there is great value in doing exercise that is slightly higher in intensity a few days per week rather than just walking. It was almost as if I could feel the afterburn from going for a run yesterday. That is what revs me up and keeps me motivated - that little afterburn. Today - instead of dreading doing something - I am actually looking forward to it. Not to mention the fact that I am more inclined to eat better when I feel that little afterburn effect.

I measured yesterdays run on google Earth and it turns out it was close to 5km - which I found surprisingly easy. I was umming and ahhing about actually doing the Canberra times fun run - but I am going to go and put my entry in today - that way there is no umming and ahhing anymore.

I am biting the bullet and getting it done.

3 comments:

  1. Andrea I would love to be your accountability partner/support. Great job on putting in your fun run entry. Have you investigated the CoolRunners in your area?

    We are arranging brunch after the 12 km fun run in Adelaide and a catch up, which means I am really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristy - Thanks!
    I would love to get more involved in the running scene her in the ACT but it's difficult to committ to group runs and that kind of thing with a baby. I do know a few other runners around the place here - I am sure I'll see them on the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristy,

    Yes those cold days in Aug/Sept I am certainly not going to miss them. But I agree it has been pretty mild down there this year. Enjoy your time down the coast.

    Good stuff for joining the fun run, I always had intentions of doing it but "never" did so congrats and good luck on the run.

    ReplyDelete