Monday, September 29, 2008

Ducky Duck Duck

Ahh - Yay we are in our new house.

It still looks like a bomb has hit it BUT the kitchen is unpacked and tidy and the washing machine is working and that is all I really care about for now.

Next on my hitlist is getting the study back in working order - however, I found out this morning that the internet provider we want to use could possibly take up to 5 weeks to do a new installation.

OMG - a possible 5 weeks without home internet access - what is an addict to do. LOL.

I am still in the process of figuring it all out.

Yesterday we found that we have a family of Ducks, including 5 newly hatched ducklings - they are so cute. The reason we found them is because they were initially on the roof of our neighbours shed - which adjoins our shed (flat roof). The mother literally pushed them off the edge (it is like a 2 mt drop) and then we thought - oh well they are doomed - and went out. But when we got home there they were in the easement park of our back yard. The mother was desperately trying to get them up to the next level of our yard (over a retaining wall) but they couldn't jump high enough. Eventually mark went and helped them get up - much to the Mother ducks displeasure. She then made herself and her babies at home in our pool for the rest of the afternoon.

When I left them to it last night - they were still by the pool - however I did see a cat lurking around the backyard last night and then this morning there was no sign of the mother or the babies. But no sign of any carnage either.

I really hope they made it - after all they had such a big day yesterday searching for water. It would have been sad if the cat ate them for dinner.

Thank fully - our cat hasn't arrived yet. So that might give them a chance to get themselves to a safer spot in the next week.

I am really glad that I am only working 3 days this week because the move has left me really tired.

Mark has put me on 'restful home duties' while I am at home -because he thinks I over did it on Saturday - but I find it hard not to do things when there is mess everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment