Thursday, September 25, 2008

Well....

this morning I was up with the birds because the beautiful early morning light comes streaming through our bedroom window. I lay there for about 20 minutes conscious of not waking Mark and then I thought - hey! Why don't I head out for a morning walk.

So I headed out for around 35 minutes - only problem is that I don't seem to be able to just walk when I am by myself - and I ended up jogging. It was comfortable and felt quite good. I just took it really easy and stopped to walk a couple of times to lower my heart rate a bit.

It was such a georgous morning here is Canberra today though - not too cold and there was a slight fog rising up off the lake.

So I remembered why my ipod was my friend again.

When I got back to the park that is right before our house, I stopped and did 3 x 15 step ups onto a park bench and 3 x 10 sets of squats. Boy - am I feeling it in my legs already. But it is a good feeling.

I have a theory that exercising in the morning makes you more efficient - especially if you are already slightly organised. I managed to go out for the walk, have a shower, iron my clothes, put make up on and have breakfast and still get out the door faster than I normally would when I don't go walking. Hmmn..... not sure how that works.

I think that I am going to keep my walking clothes and ipod out by the bed and handy - ready for those days when i am wide awake and there is nothing better to do.

That new song - Just Dance - by Lady gaga has a great beat for step ups and dips (lunges too I imagine!).

AND just because the majority of you who played my little guessing game were wrong - I will reaveal that we are having a BOY!

It is so nice to be able to say he rather than it! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Congrats. A little boy. I'm sure he'll bring both you and Mark lots of fun, laughter, happiness and mischevious trouble as all boys do.

    Glad to hear you're keeping well and getting in some enjoyable exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey he's looking nice and big and healthy!!!!!!
    Congratulations!! Nows the fun part, to pick what names you like!!
    xxo

    ReplyDelete