Sunday, March 15, 2009

Baby Steps


When I was out at the cafe doing my weekly contemplative session on Friday I realised that I need to have small goals to work towards that allow me to track my progress and allow me to feel like I am accomplishing things.

So I go to thinking about what I could do in the upcoming months to keep my progress on track for regaining the level of fitness I had prior to being pregnant.

I thought that it might be good to do a few smaller running events to build up to half marathon again - so once I have the blessing of my doctor (On April 2nd) - I have decided to enter in the Canberra Marathon eve 5km event on the 18th of April.

It is a relatively flat 5km on a Saturday afternoon and I will be doing it simply to regain confidence with participating in an event and to have a guage for my fitness at that point in time.

I may not even run the entire way - although I am hoping that I can! So no times to beat or anything like that - purely finishing is the goal - preferably running the whole event.

I feel that if I continue the run//walk sessions 3 times per week, that I should be up to 5km by then.

My other little accomplishment point will be when my wedding rings fit me again - because alas they are still quite a bit too tight! When they do, I would like to go to Sydney to the jeweller to get them all polished up and looking pretty again.

The other thing I want to do - tonight if I get the chance (miraculously Harris is in his cot right now asleep) - is write down the visualisaion I have to keep me motivated towards regaining the physical condition I was in previously. I'm not going to write it down here because I would rather keep it in my own world but right now whenever I think about it I get motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment