Tuesday, March 17, 2009

more progress

I actually managed to feel like I accomplised something that resembled training this morning - and I have a strong feeling that I am going to have sore legs tomorrow!

Went out for a 40 min walk, followed by some body weighted leg strength work at the park play equipment, and finshed up with at 10 - 15 min hill walk home.

I was really quite surprised at just how much the leg strength work dug deep into the old muscles. It made me feel good and gave me reassurance that I didn't need a gym membership at this point in time. I swear - with body weight alone I was really feeling it by the end of each set - and that just goes to show what having 10 months off all exercise will do to you. Here I was thinking that I would need at least my 5kg dumbells to gain something from leg work but no!

The set inluded:
3 x 12 x deep squats
3 x 10 x Calf raises (Lt and Rt)
3 x 12 x Step ups (30cm step)
3 x 10 x Lunges (stationary basic - nothing too dynamic just yet!)

So that was a good start to re-introducing strength training to my legs I think.

I want to add in or mix it up some weeks with squats aganst the wall using the fit ball - but mine isn't pumped up at the moment and I need to find the pump valve. I also want to add some hamstring work in there too but I need to use the dumbells for that one so I may make it on another day.

Food today has been pretty good - I have set myself a challenge to stick to the food plan for 1 entire week. Had a little slip up today because I had lunch with Mark while he was on his break from work - and lunch was a steak sandwhich - but everything else today has been spot on. I think the most important thing for me to get beck in the habit of is eating every three hours and being organised with what I am going to eat - that way it is right there and I have no excuses.

My mini goal is to get under 80kg by my 6 week follow up appointment (April 2nd) at the doctors. On track at the moment - today I weighed in at 81.4kg.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you will make it to your mini goal as long as you keep up your walks and mini circuits :)What a great leg workout! Hope everything is going well :) Nicole xx

    ReplyDelete