Tuesday, March 3, 2009

No Groove New Car



Mark bought us a 'family car' this week - a secondhand Subaru Forrester Turbo with leather seats and all that. Its quite a nice car to drive but I am going to miss my little zippy fiesta. It was my pre-children city girl car!

I am very tired today - I had a really severe headache last night and it made it really difficult to feed Harris. I could only feed him for 10 minutes at a time - and when he doesn't have 20- 30 mins he wakes up ever 1.5 - 2 hours for a top up. Hence - I get very tired!

We went to the baby clinic to get him weighted this morning and he now weighs 4.2kg - which is great!

I am feeling a little dulled to life at the moment - kind of like I did before I got into training full on for the half marathon last year. I feel as though I am moving through life with no pupose and because I dont have anything major to do each day (except look after Harris) that I am just plodding along. All I need to do is get into the right headspace - but getting motivated to do even that is hard.

Right now though - I think I need a nap!

5 comments:

  1. Andj your car looks very nice, but I know how you must of loved your little zippy car... I sometimes wish I had a smaller car

    Have you got any long term goals you are considering? I also find it hard when I don't have anything to work towards...

    You do have a beautiful little baby though, everyday will be very special especially when he starts to be more alert. My sisters little baby girl is adorable.

    I hope you are feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Andj I so want a Turbo Forrester!! I love them, think they are so sporty looking, my hubby likes the WRX hatch, so that is what I ended up with, but LOVE the sporty forester and LOVE the turbo. You will enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely car Andj! Have fun driving it.

    You are doing great, being a mum is a massive life change.

    xxo Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that you can start training again, have you come up with a new program as yet?

    Love the new wheels, no doubt they're more family friendly. Have you got used to it yet Andj? :o)

    Lia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristy,
    I am planning on doing the Melbourne half marathon in October - but I can't actually start training by doing any actual running until at least May. I need to find the right head space to consider walking as part of real training and not just a leisure activity.

    Hi sam - Mark actually picked the car but I agree with you - they are a bit sporty aren't they. It is a nice car to drive.

    Hi Rebecca - I agree but it would have been impossible to tell me that before hand. Now my head is starting to clear a little more things are getting easier.

    Hi Lia,
    It is going to be a slow haul back to where I was before but I think I can do it!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete