Saturday, December 5, 2009

What have I been doing?

I feel as though I have been really busy this past week BUT I have been doing lots of things that feed the soul and help to organise our lives.

I am trying to learn to be more present in this life, to not wish away the days and to live for now.

the hardest part I find is simply to remind myself to do it!

I have also given up all Caffiene this past week and so far so good. Once again the hardest part is reminding myself why and remembering that I'm not drinking coffee or coke anymore.

I realised that I drink coffee for the experience of drinking a coffee - there is just something different about it to drinking a cup of Tea. Tea is good in it's own right however. So I have had to cast aside my thinking about coffee and if I REALLY want it - I drink a decaf - which isn't all that bad. The biggest challenge will be when next I am feeling stressed out - to not turn to a Can of Coke ( which is what I do).
Mostly I wanted to give it up so that I wasn't modelling that behaviour to Harris - How can I drink it and then tell him that he isn't allowed to.

I have also been doing a fair bit of Sewing this past week, shorts for Harris and today I cut out a dress for me.

I've been doing lots of reading and thinking and contemplating - which I have to say is probably my most favourite thing to do.

All in all it's been a good week -

How about you?

2 comments:

  1. Andrea, I have been happily reading your blog and those of 100 other friends... So good to know you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog!! Looking good. Hope the xmas preparations are going well. It's so much fun with a little one isn't it? ps, I try not to frink coke in front of the kids, but if they catch me I tell them it's coffee!! Lol.

    ReplyDelete