Saturday, November 1, 2008

Day 1

Breakfast: Small Bowl of cornfalkes and cup of tea at 6am. Home cooked bacon and eggs and brewed coffee a bit later on.
Morning tea: Sao biscuits, philly cream cheese, leftover tomato from breakfast
Lunch: 2 slices toast, small tin tuna, cheese, tomato. Home made yoghurt.
Afternoon Tea: Milo, grapes
Dinner: Honey soy Chicken Tofu stirfry
Snacks: tablespoon cottage cheese, frozen berries, lemon yoghurt.
Finished Today: Packet of Sao biscuits (replace: staple). Brocollini. Tofu. Pkt museli bars.
Wasted Today: 1 dead cucumber
Spent today: Groceries: $29.30 (fruit and Vege) Other: Pool Maintenance service and equipment: $159.90


I was really struggling with this concept this morning - I was starving all morning - literally hungry again 45 minutes after eating those bacon and eggs
.

I like having an 'outing' on the weekends - so when Mark said that he wanted to know what a particular tree in our neighbours backyard was, I suggested that we go and have a wander around some of the native nurseries to see if we could decipher it. Turns out that I had been looking for a completely different tree to the one he was looking at. I was looking at a Callistemon and he was looking at a Banksia. So we went to Pialligo and had a bit of a wander - there is a whole road of nurseries and lovely shops and arty type things. I think I would like to goa wandering again on a day off work. I didn't realise that the Bison pottery gallery
was out there as well. We were given some bison pottery as a wedding present and I really like it. I think that trip will have to wait until after November though.

We couldn't find the tree so mark suggested we go to the Yarralumla nursery - where we were in luck. Not least because there was a native plant market and display on AND there was a specimen of the tree planted on the grounds of the nursery. So we asked what it was and it became a successful mission/outing. Banksia marginata for those who may be interested!

Happily - although I was tempted to buy a Rosemary plant - I didn't buy anything at all.

so only essential spending for me today. Nothing frivolous - which is the aim of the game really.

Our pool should be good as gold in about two weeks which I am rather pleased about. It will be so nice to come home from work being able to look forward to going for a swim!



And now... an hour after dinner I am hungry again....hmmmnnnn


Oh - and I realised today that I need to add another rule:

That is - I am committed to any pre planned expenses that occur throughout the month. I know already that this included today's Pool maintenance and will include Car registration and Insurance, Car roadworthy, and my Professional registration - without which I am not allowed to work. So all together those things alone will come to around $1000.... argh..

Tomorrow's challenge ingredients include:

Tuna, 100ml of Cream, frozen peas, 1/2 box of Penne pasta, a Cos lettuce - hmmnnn I can feel a pasta coming on. Hopefully it will make enough for lunch on Monday as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment