Sunday, November 30, 2008

Bargain Hunting and Proof



The above two pics represent the official finalisation of my masters of Health Science - Health services management. It feels like it has been such a long time since I began and I have just been slowly plodding away at it.

I am most definitely relived to be finished and to go out with a bang of two 7's was just a bonus.

Not sure really if I am going to use it now or not. To go in the career direction I would like to go in - I need to wait until I have finished with the having children thing and until Mark has a more secure job. But I will stay open to any opportunities that may present themselve to me.

So What now?

Well nothing for a while. I am quite enjoying being able to spend time painting and sewing and doing crafty relaxation things on my weekends - AND having no guilt about whether I should be doing something else.

This weekend I have finished the third painting for the baby's room. I think they all turned out quite nicely. So now onto the sewing.

This morning I went to the trash and treasure markets to see if I could nab any thrifty bargains.

I used to go to these things and wander around looking at things and thinking who buys this stuff. I only ever used to buy the odd book and plants.

This morning I nabbed an Avent steam sterliser for $5. No bottles of course but as I am planning on only using it for top up feed bottles and that type of thing I thought - Bargain!

I also bought a giant framed picture of Princess diana for $20. Why you might ask? Well last weekend I bought this georgous vintage alphabet wall hanging and I wanted to put it in a frame. I was looking online and picture framing is quite expensive. All I wanted was a simple wooden frame that I could paint to give a bit of a worn-in look. Thus where the princess diana print comes in. Frame is the perfect size - now all I need to do is get a matt cut to go around the print and I have a bargain wall hanging!

Yesterday we also went to a second hand book shop that is have a big 50% off sale at the moment. I bought heaps of the classic childrens book like Alice in Wonderland, Treasure island, snugglepot and cuddlepie, Blinky Bill, the Secret garden and A little Princess. When he is old enough I will read them to him.

I also found some old books on soft toy making and that has givenme a few ideas as well.

So I definitely have plenty to keep me busy!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Andrea! Two sevens, you are a LEGEND :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big congrats Andrea. Fantastic results.

    How's the baby in the belly going?

    ReplyDelete