Thursday, January 1, 2009

Fresh Start

Well what a massive day we had yesterday! The funeral was at 10:30 and by the time we got there at 10am the majority of people had already arrived. I have never attended such a big funeral and it really makes you feel loved and supported when so many people come out to honour and celebrate the life of someone who had an impact on them in some way.

Mark's mum Jo was a teacher here in Canberra before she retired and there were many of her old colleagues who came along as well as a couple of past students.

We had a post funeral lunch at Jo's house and everyone seemed to have a good time remembering good times past.

At about 3pm it was mainly just family and close family friends left and I had had enough - mainly of sitting around because sitting is becoming increasingly uncomfortable.

So I suggested that we move on from the wake, change venues to our house and have a sausage sizzle and a swim and tranfer over to a New Years Party instead. That was thought to be a good idea by all!

So we carried on into the evening last night - but by about 10:30 most of us had had enough and I think we pretty much saw the new year in asleep! But that is OK.

Today I still feel as though I could sleep forever - but I think it may just be the whole of the past week catching up with me.

Bubs has maneuvered himself into an uncomfortable position and is right in under my ribs, it doesn't seem to matter how I sit, stand or lie at the moment - it is uncomfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment