Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Sunday

Not that the fact it is a Sunday really matters all that much to me anymore - because everyday is going to be like a Sunday!

I have a feeling the the rib pain may have been being exacerbated by me sitting at a computer at work all day. It is no coincidence that it was terrible on Thursday and Friday and on both of those days I spent the day at the computer. It also seems to be fine in the mornings but then as the day wears on and I start feeling heavier and heavier, the pain increases into the afternoon and evening.

Yesterday afternoon I went for a swim and it was pure bliss - I should have done that the day before. It is the most amazing relief from all baby related discomfort. Next time I am pregnant I am definitely going to try swimming more regularly and possibly do some aqua aerobics or something like that. It is that good! Yesterday I had the pool noodle wrapped around me and I was doing water running around in circles in the deeper end of the pool. It is actually quite difficult!

This morning I went to check out the local farmers market and I was very impressed. They are real farmers markets - not just the ones where you get the people who go to the wholesaler and then come and sell it at the markets. The majority of the produce was certified organic and there was a good range. The prices are very comparible to shopping at the supermarket as well (if not cheaper - I got a massive bag of fruit for 5 dollars.

So as I have been trying to avoid physically going into a grocery store of late - I think that I will make the farmers markets a regular Sunday morning outing for fruit and vege. They also had alot of free range eggs and home baked breads. Perhaps another week we can try some of those.
We already buy our meat from a wholesale butcher - I'm not a fan of the meat in coles and woolies.

Not much else planned for today really. I find that I need two rests now - one sit down in the morning after doing whatever I've been doing and another one - possibly including a nap - in the afternoons.
I'm going to try and stay in a kind of routine while I'm not working, with regard to getting up and eating times and that kind of thing. I find when I don't do this I can get very lazy. I know that once the baby is here any routines will revlove around him but I am flexible. I just need to have little things to tick off each day - If I dont do that then I feel like I have accomplised nothing and then I start to get mopey.

Never fear - at the moment there is still plenty of small projects for me to do piece by piece.

Have a great Australia day whatever you may be doing!

Update : We put chlorine in the pool this morning and I think we may have put too much in because we tested it and it was a tad high - so alas no swim for me this afternoon. so dissapointing....

1 comment:

  1. I love Farmers Markets, I am having withdrawl symptoms as I haven't been able to make it the last two Sundays.

    ReplyDelete