Friday, January 30, 2009

Over it

The heat that is! I am fine until aroung 12 - 1pm at home, then I go to the shops and have coffee or something along those lines - but you can really only stay there for so long!

Then I come home and get in the pool - yesterday afternoon I was in there for like 2 hours!

Thats when the problem starts.

Our house retains heat like you wouldn't believe - so when it is actually cooling down outside - our house doesn't. At midnight last night it was still 30 degrees and the ambient heat in the room is just unbearable for me because it seeps into the lounge and the bed and there is just no way to get cool AND be comfortable.

I only managed one thing on my list yesterday and that was the cooking. the freezer is so full of food now. But I am not cooking another thing until this heat wave has run it's course.

Now I want the baby to come so that I can go and be in the aircon at the hospital!

I am going out today to buy an evaporative airconditioner. That way at least I can be in the room that is cooler!

1 comment:

  1. I hope it cools down for you soon Andj... is it a different kind of heat to Brisbane heat? I'm guessing its not as humid, just hotter.

    Good luck with the evap air cooler!

    Hilary xx

    ReplyDelete