Friday, January 16, 2009

Moving on

I have read and reread the legislation pertaining to my dilemma and it's all going to come down to human resources and interpretation - hence there isn't much I can do right now and we have no further information until Tuesday.

I have half started thinking about contingency plans and with the baby bonus now being paid fortnightly we will be fine after that comes through. We weren't really planning on having to spend it though - we were kind of hoping to invest it. Cest la Vie.

We will cross that bridge when we come to it.

As the week went on it really seemed to pick up (except for that glitch yesterday). I felt like rubbish on Monday and honestly didn't think that I would make it through another two weeks of work. This afternoon I stayed back a bit at work to finish off some things and felt like I could keep going for ages. I think that it helped that we had a very gossipy, chatty day today and it was fun and nicely broken up. I kind of wish I didn't have to leave because I feel as though I am just starting to break through the "You're newh ere" Barrier.

I am hoping that next week I am full of beans again. I have left myself enough work to be busy all week so that is one thing to look forward to.

It honestly doesn't feel like we are going to have a baby in the next few weeks. People keep asking me if I am getting excited and I wasn't really sure. Perhaps I am but it is so difficult to know what it is all really going to be like that it's hard to know what to be excited about.
I still keep thinking of him like a noisy kitten I guess.

4 weeks tomorrow until my kitten is due.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there :)

    I used to read your blog a long time ago and was even going to catch up with you and Hilary once. Congratulations on your little bundle of joy. Wow! So exciting. I have 2 little ones now, so feel free to ask any questions :)

    As for that legislation... I work for the gvt too, and I would interpret it as you definately getting paid maternity leave. I would think it was only broken service if you had got another job in between the time of starting the new job. You fight it, I think that should definately let you. Threaten to write to the minister! Alwqays works for everyone else!!

    Well good luck, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete